Monday, December 2, 2013

Sister Cropper - November 25


Woah! Wow, do I have news for you guys! 

So after being here for only 3 months, I will be transferred tomorrow to a new area AND I will train. What is God thinking?! I´m not ready!! Well na verdade (actually) I am but still. Holy cow. Like Elder Cropper said when he was called as a district leader after training, I will be an oxen putting one foot in front of the other. But I really do feel at peace with things, I am not really nervous. I just hope that my next area is really new (hopefully we will have an old area of Elders) because if we have an area that was already occupied, we will have agua and other appliances but if not hello crackers for breakfast!

So this last week was a lot better than the previous. I was sick on monday and tuesday. Monday night I had a fever of 101.8 degrees!!! AH! So I took some medicine and slept after we arrived home at 9:30 pm. Then the next morning, I woke up still feeling sick and checked my temp. I had a little fever of 100.4 so we stayed in the house and I slept. After sleeping for a couple of hours, I woke up (around 12:00) and we called Sister Monteiro. She wanted me to go to the doctor so we had to go all the way over to the hospital just to find out I had a bad cold! But the doctor gave me some medicine and it was good because the medicine did help me! 

So yeah, that was the beginning of my week. I was still feeling something missing and I didn´t know what it was! BUT I finally figured it out and I finally feel the same way that I did when I was in Ohio. What I was missing was faith, miracles, and the Spirit! So Saturday, we were doing our normal thing and I studied about faith all this past week because we have a mission tour this week também (also) and they want us to study ether 12 EVERY DAY. So this last week I was thinking about what I was doing in Ohio and here that was different. I figured out that my work wasn´t different but that my faith was. I relied so much more on prayer and the spirit in estados unidos than I was here. I think it was different because I was focusing so much on the language and also we don´t pray as much (which I hate!). In estados unidos, when we tracted a new street or were going into a lesson, we also began with prayer but because here we don´t have a car and it is a little strange to pray on the street, we don´t do it. 
So saturday, I decided I needed to exercise more faith. So Saturday, after we had called some pesquisadoras during the day, we were having trouble because people weren´t keeping commitments, weren´t interested anymore, etc. So I turned to my companion and said, we need to pray right NOW because I know we have people in this area who are ready but we don´t know who they are or where but we are here right now so let´s talk to the Lord. So we prayed right on the street and it was really good! After we were walking to an appt and while we were walking this little girl came up to us and asked us what we were doing. We explained and asked if we could share a message with her family (our appt fell through) So we walked over to where she lived, her family was busy but they said that they would come to church and the mom said she would wait for us the next morning! So miracle! Guidance! Finally! 

So yeah, things are better and I feel a lot better. This week will be really interesting. I am excited to start a new area. I like new beginnings. 

Okay so I am out of time but thanks for your emails and love!! 

Mom- yes my mission is completely different than I thought. I had no expectations before hand because I really didn´t know all that I would be doing. 

Family have fun at Disneyworld without me!! I love you all and have a great week! 

Love, 

Sister Cropper 

No comments:

Post a Comment