Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sister Cropper - January 27, 2014


Hello family!
Thank you for all your wonderful letters! I am definitely doing about 100% better. Thanks to you guys and Heavenly Father and Sister D(my companion in my first area here who helps me a lot), I feel a lot better and happier.
Things are going better. I don´t let the little things that bothered me before get to me. And I am being strong like I need to be! I am feeling a lot a lot better. There are still things that happen sometimes but I just let it go and stay happy. I am here to work and be on a mission, and I don´t want to let what happens or how my companion treats me affect the work.
This last week was good but I always feel like we can work harder. But we had another baptism and it was great! It was the mother of the guy (Marcos) who was baptized last Sunday. Dilce is her name. We stopped by their house last tuesday and she gave us bread and tea. (Which remember, it is like 95 degrees here and so tea is not really something I want right now but I had to drink it)
Anyways, so we stopped by and she asked us about tithing. After we explained, she told us that she thought our church was more true than others! So we taught the first lesson and felt we should invite her to be baptized and she said yes! So we had a baptism yesterday with two others from the other sisters in our area. This week we want to have another baptism but it will be a little hard because we don´t have any really solid possibilities but that is why we have miracles!
So we will see what happens. Last week we found two new investigators that are really prepared and seemed interested but they didn´t go to church. I was a little bummed about that.
I am trying to get back to my teaching and how it was in the States so I am studying a lot more of the lessons. One thing that has been hard for me is not feeling myself with Portuguese. Because I don´t know all the words, I am a lot more quiet in Portuguese which I hate! Because I like to be silly and talk but it is harder in Portuguese. That is a new goal I have ;)
Anyways, I am feeling better and happier. I just want to make the best of my time here and not let other people get me down. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement!
I cannot believe you guys were at the BEACH! That is praia in Portuguese. I am extremely jealous! Oh something I wanted to tell you guys about was what we eat here in Brasil for lunch. One sunday this is what we had:
- Chicken
- Rice
- Beans
- Potato salad 
- Salad
- Farofa - a grain that we put on our beans
- Gaurana- a drink here
- and a dessert of this flan kind of a thing
We eat a lot here but it is crazy because I have lost weight! I have lost about 15 lbs on my mission. Let´s just say I am very happy because other people are gaining. I have absolutlely no clue what I have done but I will keep doing because I am losing weight. 

Family, love you all!
Love, 

Sister Cropper

No comments:

Post a Comment