Saturday, March 29, 2014

Elder Cropper - March 17, 2014


Dear Family:
So i wasn't changed. Im still her in Olmué but Elder M left. He actually serves in La Serena now, not in the ward i was in but in a different ward. The ward he's in now is like amazing, strongest ward in Chile so good for him. 

So my companions name is Elder O, he's 18 almost 19 and he's from Mexico. The assistants called me last Wednesday to tell me I’d be training again but this time a newbie so Elder O is fresh from the MTC. He served in the MTC in Chile, Santiago just like all the missionaries now who serve in Chile (even the Americans) and now he's here with me. He is veryyyyyyyy excited. All the time excitement. Makes me laugh sometimes its like “wohhhhh slow down cowboy.” I remember when it was 8:30 our first day together. at 8:30 we start personal study and he wasn’t quite ready. So he was in the bathroom shaving like a maniac and gelling his hair and everything. I came in to tell him that it was 8:30 and we needed to start he freaked out and started going even faster. I told him though it was ok and he could finish getting ready after studies. haha i thought it was pretty cute (for lack of a better word) how he is so excited all the time.

Elder O has only been a member for 13 months so he needs to be trained as a missionary and trained in some gospel things. For example he didn't know what priesthood keys were. It’s like truly training someone from scratch I mean since Dad and Michael had served missions and I had served 3 mini missions I knew a little what it was going to be like. Elder O knows nothing. Only his little branch in the small town of 1,000 people where he lives in Mexico. Elder O is also the only member in his family. He has his 2 parents and a little sister who's like 16. I think Elder O is pretty well off. His parents are paying for his mission and all the things he has are pretty nice quality and stuff. He likes to dress like really trendy, not what i was expecting from a companion from Mexico. ANyways cool stuff. 

Well were going to baptize in 2 weeks. His name is Enso and he was a reference from a member. He's really changing his life and its really something to be apart of it. Like everyone ive ever helped get baptized no convincing needed. Sure he has his issues like word of wisdom and such but he has the desire to stop. Alma 32:27 desire is key people. 

So my goal in my mission now is just to be an awesome teacher and really know the scriptures. The key to that is studies. So ive been doing my studies in chapter 2 of preach my gospel....how to study? I’m really liking it and learning a lot. I feel really good right now which is awesome. I think it took me awhile but something finally just clicked this last transfer cycle that the only way i was going to be happy in my mission was being obedient and being worthy, like striving everyday to feel the spirit. No getting caught up in other silly mission stuff. Anyways ive been really focusing on making this scripture my desire.  Querer es Poder...to want is to be able to. anyways Alma 29:1 

 “1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!”

Cool stuff. 

I was reading today in the D of the C, some cool scriptures of what we get if we have the spirit read and partake!

 12 And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your atrust in thatbSpirit which cleadeth to do dgood—yea, to do ejustly, to walk fhumbly, to gjudge righteously; and this is my Spirit.
 13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall aenlighten your bmind, which shall fill your soul with cjoy;
 14 And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of arighteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive.

we get all of that stuff if we just have the spirit, and have faith like it says at the bottom. 

So invitation (is that how you spell that word)? Invitación works better. Well anyways its that you guys focus on having the spirit everyday why...because if we do we will be humble, joyful, do whats right, judge righteously, minds enlightened, and all things pertaining to righteousness will be shown unto us.

cool stuff.

Mary: keep on keepin on. And don't get trunky...or chueco. (disobdient or lazy, it actually means bent in Spanish)

Well thanks for the letters love you all hope you have a good week. By the way!

I heard from a new missionary on an interchange that a bunch of cool new movies have come out...like Enders Game, and a new superman, and some movie about missionaries...where are the reviews family. did you not go see them. If not shame on all of you. 

Elder Cropper 
(freezing his patuty off here in Olmué chile) 

Nos vemos

No comments:

Post a Comment