Sunday, May 11, 2014

Elder Cropper - April 14th


Well I guess i sounded a little down in the dumps this last week. It really wasn’t all that bad it just so happened I was feeling down when I wrote you guys. 

I wanted to thank you guys for all the prayers you said this week. You’ve always reminded me about how many times you pray for me or how many prayers are being offered for the missionaries, but i never really felt it. This week however, I did, quite a bit actually. I really felt like there was some unseen force helping me calm down a little and feel better.

So what did I do this week to feel better?

Pray- I said some pretty good prayers, studied how to make my prayers more meaningful.

Focused a little more on others- Just have to look for opportunities to serve.

Battle the pride- I realized that Satan sends me prideful thoughts like he sends me inappropriate thoughts, they come and I can either dwell on them or kick the out. Its not bad if they come, only if you dwell on them. I wasn’t looking at them like that (the prideful ones) i was saying oh-I’m so prideful. Well no just don’t dwell on it. 

Told my companion to knock it off! - Gosh dang it I was so fed up with my comp telling me ever 3 days I had done something that wasn’t Christ like i just told him to knock it off (in a nice calm way). I told him his ways to handle situations are different from mine because we are different people, just because I don’t do what you don’t do doesn’t mean I’m not wrong! Example and maybe the most spiritual part of my week that I will get into a little bit later had to do with a woman who did something REALLY BAD and needs permission from the prophet to get baptized. Well we talked with her (under directions from president) she told us what she did and we said some stuff yayaya and then in the end left her with some members who were there with us, anyways, we were walking down the road and my companion was in like a daze. I began talking about how sad it was (what she had done) but that I was also happy because she would be able to repent (you know just expressing my feelings) Afterwards I started analyzing out loud the things we needed to do to help her. Call president, inform him of what she did, wait for response from him, invite her to church, call and set up return appointment etc. Anyways my companion didn’t say very much but later that night we got back to the apartment and we started on the theme of this woman again. I said some of the things I had said before. Expressing my feelings about the situation, we called president, done. Well my companion afterwards started to get mad at me (again) saying just like always I wasn’t being a disciple of Christ because I wasn’t being reverent to the situation with this woman. He said we needed to put ourselves in her shoes and remember how she feels; I was confused because I was thinking (and we’re not doing that?) well anyways I listened to him, allowed him to express his feelings everything. We had a long discussion, but in the end I told him. Elder I feel bad when you tell me so much I’m not being a disciple of Christ. I don’t care if you’re trying to help me. It doesn’t because I feel bad. You have your way to handle sad and difficult situations and I have mine. It does not mean that one is more reverent than the other; they are just different. If what I’m am saying or doing effects you and you don’t like it, tell me to stop doing it, not that I’m wrong and not being like Christ! 

Anyways, I told him that and basically just stood up for my actions a little more rather than just listen and internalize what he was saying.

Another spiritual experience was yesterday when I felt prompted to share my testimony about the Saviour and the atonement. I shared the part in 3rd Nephi when they all of the opportunity to feel the marks in his hands and feet. I shared my testimony on how we would all have that opportunity to do the same. I challenged all the use the atonement more in their lies so they would be ready.

Later that night we gave a priesthood blessing to a member. He was having some leg pain. Nothing crazy happened but it was just a wonderful thing to be able to use the priesthood and be worthy. I was thankful for that.

Anyways that was my week. 

Thanks for the love, prayers, and support.

Love you all have a good week.

Sam
Elder Cropper 

No comments:

Post a Comment