Sunday, May 11, 2014

Elder Cropper - April 29th


Dear Family:
Well my mission was changed yesterday in a 20 min conversation I had with President. Let me tell you about it. Maybe I feel uncomfortable writing nice things about myself but you’re my family and I’m just really quoting president. 


Well we had changes and nothing happened, we both stayed here in Olmué. So I was a little bummed by that, just a little. El Diablo was really getting in my mind telling me big things were going to happen. Well nothing happened so I became kind of bummed or in other words a little humbled. I just decided I was never going to be a ZL again. It wasn’t going to happen and I could either be bummed about it for the rest of my life or get over it and be happy. SO I decided to be bummed about it and ruin my life....lol just kidding. NO i decided to just let it go! I thought of a story Dad told me once about his home ward and a fast and testimony meeting that they had one Sunday (I think it was from Dad). Anyway, he said that all the kids were getting up saying they were willing to die for the church. We after a lot of kids getting up, James E Faust who was in Dad’s ward (because that’s where he lived) got up and said. "We don’t need more people to die for the church, we need people to live for the church". So how did I apply that to my life in the mission? There are lots of missionaries who are willing to be a DL, or ZL, or Train etc. if asked. But there are not many who are just willing to do whatever God wants them to do. Like just being a normal missionary and working hard. So I decided to be that missionary. 

Anyways so I still had a few questions about my mission and my life so I decided to do something a little different (for me) I’m not one to do weird things. Anyways I said a prayer and that took out a sheet of paper and started writing. I would write down a question I had and then think about it and write the answer I felt. So I did this for like 6 questions. All different types like. 

What can I do better?

Have I repented of all the things I’ve done wrong?

Stuff like that

So I began to write down answers the answer for the 1st question was: You already know what you need to do better.

The second answer was another question which was something: Have you given up everything (consecrated missionary) 

So to that question I wrote well? Am i not doing that?: And I felt the instinct impression that I just need to be more like Christ.

Anyway, there was more but I forgot so that’s how it went. Anyways that all happened like Friday, on Saturday the ZLs called us letting us know we would be having Scheduled interviews with president (it was a planned thing, the 3 month interview with President) Anyways I just prayed a lot that my interview with the big boss man would go well. I had already been humbled about all the things I was worrying about so unlike every other interview i had ever had with president i went with NOTHING to confess or tell him or seek council about. 

Anyways so I walked into the room and before we prayed he asked me, Elder Cropper are you happy, Of course I said yeah I’m really happy. So he said good.. Then we prayed I said it, just followed the spirit, he said after the prayer he always loved to hear my prayers because there were really spiritual.

Anyways he started by first asking me if I needed to talk about something I said no, but then I said yes because I remembered something that happened while I was in La Serena (a mission rule breaking thing) that I just wanted to apologize for. He thanked me for always wanting to have a pure heart.

So after that i just told him i had been really humbled by coming to Olmué, that my perspective on my whole entire mission had changed I told him the story about the living and dying for the church, I told him I was trying to be more like Christ. He asked me if I had been humbled enough, i said yes but maybe not because I’m still here in Olmué, he laughed but then I said yeah I feel pretty humbled. 

Anyways Then he asked if there was anything he could do to help me, I had nothing so I thought about it for a few seconds, and then just asked him how I could be a better district leader. He laughed and said I already was the best. Which was like......ugh....wow ok. Then president just kind of started talking about how I was an amazing missionary; very special missionary and one of the best in the mission. He said we just needed to look at the numbers to see it. He said "Elder Cropper you’ve baptized every month for the last 7 months, You are the second highest baptizer in your zone, And the highest only has 2 more than you but has 6 months more time in the mission (my zone leader) He said I had baptized more people in my sector in the last 3 months than my zone leaders, He said I wasn’t the ZLs district leader but I was still showing them the example. Then without me saying anything he said he didn’t know why my mission had been so weird, but that he had followed the inspiration from God while doing my changes. He said that he doesn’t put people where he feels he needs to put them he puts people where God wants them to be put. He told me that I’m one of the best and I just needed to go where go wants me to go because he (president) had no say in the subject. He told me that He doesn’t know what God has planned for me the rest of my mission, but that it doesn’t matter because wherever God puts me I’ll work hard. He helped me understand that if president was doing changes it would be different, but he doesn’t do them, God does and God knows better what I need.

He told me that he could see I had been truly sanctified in my mission, and that if I kept going I would be the best. (Best what-I don’t know), in the end president said like 6 things I needed to hear, and some of those things he said we direct quotes from that little pray, paper thing I did. I told he was obviously a man of God because he quoted those 4 things directly, he told me I was obviously in tune with the spirit because I had received the answers in the first place.

Anyways then we talked about a few more things and we ended. Changed my mission that interview, Felt the love of president and understood that I just to go where I’m commanded to go and take out the trash. 

Well anyways that’s the stuff. We have a baptism this Saturday. His name is Jaime. He’s so awesome. We have another baptism in 2 more weeks, two girls, Patricia and Fransica. Grandmother and Granddaughter. We also found a family yesterday of less actives that want to come back to church and baptize their children, they have 5 lol. 

Anyway, so life’s going good, just trying to keep up a high level of righteousness and not be disobedient. In this moment I’m also trying not the throw up because I’m sick. Good things its Pday so we wont have to loose time if I sleep all day because we can already do that. 

One of my new favorite sciptures this week is the following.
2nd Nephi 33

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.

11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.

12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.

13 And now, my beloved brethren, all those who are of the house of Israel, and all ye ends of the earth, I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust: Farewell until that great day shall come.

14 And you that will not partake of the goodness of God, and respect the words of the Jews, and also my words, and the words which shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the Lamb of God, behold, I bid you an everlasting farewell, for these words shall condemn you at the last day.

15 For what I seal on earth, shall be brought against you at the judgment bar; for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen.

I like this scripture because Nephi knew that what he was saying were the words of God, and that they would be used to judge all people in the last day. I also like how he was obedient to the end, and I must obey. That’s how i feel sometimes. you just gotta obey.

Thanks for all of the letters.


Oh I made a new goal for my life. I want to be a temple president one day, how cool would that be! And if the temple president isn’t in the books maybe just a worker, but still.

ummm ugh I don’t feel good lol. I just have a sore throat, my body aches, i had a temp of 99.4 when we left, and now I feel like throwing up a little, haha what a bummer. 

Hope you all have a good week, Keep the commandments. 

Love,

Elder Cropper 

No comments:

Post a Comment