Monday, July 28, 2014

"Boys! Good news, I got my head stuck in a bucket" Elder Cropper - July 28, 2014


Dear Family:
So this week’s quote comes from Elder J. He’s very good at accents. This line he said in a Christopher Walken accent. It made me laugh quite a bit. 

I am doing well--we had an ok week, it was great except for the success in the work. I forgot to tell you guys but like a month ago when i was in Olmue I was helping at a ward activity. We were serving like waiters and a ward missionary activity and while walking up the stairs I fell and my knee hit the edge of the stair. It hurt really badly and the nurse actually told me to stay inside for a couple hours. Anyways it stopped hurting really bad after a few days but every once and a while when we walk a ton it starts to hurt again. Nothing really bad. I would say from 1 to 10 like a 2 or 3. Just enough so that I’m like “hmmm what happened?” I don’t limp or anything. Well I was feeling my knees and trying to find a difference and there is a difference in the one that hurts and the other one. Its like a little tiny part that goes down almost a crack but I wouldn’t call it that because that seems too extreme. Anyways, if I push on it just the right way I get a sharp pain but it’s at the 2 or 3 level so it’s like nothing. Anyway, called the nurse and she said I might of cracked my knee. She said she was going to call the wife of pres. to see if I could get an x-ray but she just said I need to baby it and that after my mission I might need surgery.........what? lol anyways so I talked with her a little more about it, described a little what had happened and what I was feeling. She said it might just be a dent or something in the cartilage and it will heal with time but I need to go easy on it. Well the stuff she said to me in the end made me feel better and like it wasn’t a huge deal. Anyways I asked for a blessing from my comp right after. By the way Elder J has a gift for blessings. He said in the blessing that I would be able to complete my mission no problem and that if I was obedient and had faith I would never have trouble from the knee for the rest of my life. He said in the blessing that when the pain comes from my knee its just a test to see how faithful I am. Anyways I’m not very worried about it. Hopefully I can get an x-ray to see what it is. 

So we had that cool conference this last week with Elder Zeballos. Elder J and I talked about it afterwards and we felt that there wasn’t anything really big that we felt we needed. It was just a bunch of little stuff. Conferences are always nice to just allow you to feel the spirit again, see president, and commit to be better. After the conference we didn’t have lunch so we went to subway with the assistants. Elder J and I are friends with them both. Elder S was my companion in the MTC, and I was Elder S ZL in La Serena. Elder S is probably one of my best friends in the mission. Elder J has been companions to them both as well. It was fun to eat lunch with them. Elder S told me that my group flies home the 10th of Feb! 2 weeks earlier. They do that now with missionaries because that’s when the transfer cycle ends. So instead of just completing my 1 year and 5 months mark this last week I will be completing my 1 year 6 month mark in a few weeks. How terrible, I feel old. 

Elder J is a ton of fun. We both felt that we need to take it down a notch sometimes and focus on the work. I would say that Elder J is passing through a hard time. He says he wants to be done with his mission and start his life. He says that he has nothing big to look forward to in his mission. He hasn’t baptized in a while and our sector is being pretty hard so I think that’s why he feels a little down. We both are pretty open people so I think I can help him. 

The zone did great this month we finished with 12. Feel like I didn’t do anything. Just a couple of baptismal interviews and verifying--but whatever. The zone finished with the highest in the mission so that was cool. We will see how August goes. We have that big training meeting this week so that will be fun.

So Bishop Moose emailed me today and said that they are going to get plaques for all of the missionaries in the ward. He says I need to send a good picture and a scripture that I like. I picked Helaman 3:35 

 35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.

Ahh I love that scripture. So I’ll have to find a good picture to send. If I cant find one ill just take one. I have a huge pimple on my nose so we will have to wait till that one goes away.

Mom- I’m not sick anymore. It stopped the day before changes like 2 weeks ago. I did buy the electric blanket, but I’m warm enough in my new house now that its ok. 

This week was a little better with the work. We had 2 investigators that came to church yesterday. Johan and Carolina. Johan is the 9-year-old son of a recent convert. We will baptize him this next month ( I hope). Carolina is the wife of Mario. We teach them both Mario just couldn’t come because he had work. She loved church but didn’t like that people were on their phones a bunch (she’s got a point) She needs to talk to her boss and get Sundays off. The balls in her court. If she does it she can get baptized this month.

Well that’s all I got family. Hope you all have a great week, Love ya.

Sam
Elder Cropper

No comments:

Post a Comment