Sunday, July 20, 2014

Elder Cropper - July 7th



Dear Family:

Ugh what a terrible week last week, this week was better. I was really frustrated on Tuesday and didn’t know what to do. Anyways i just happened to be finishing the Book of Mormon and I read these verses in the end. 

 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
 34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.
Well those scriptures kind of gave me the hope, push, shove that I needed to get on my knees, cry a little, pray, give my heart, might, mind, and strength to Heavenly Father and the work for the rest of my life, and then sit back down again to set some goals. Our week was a lot better. Our numbers were terrible or have been terrible, but this last week they were normal to good. We found a lot of new investigators, which was really nice. There is this girl named Jenny, well she’s not really a girl because she’s 30 but I can’t really express myself in English well so we are going to leave it at that. She has shared with missionaries before and she’s pure like I’m going to get baptized. She asked us for a blessing of strength and she asked me to offer it. Pause for a second, I used to get so scared to do blessings before the mission but its nice to not feel that anymore. I think the only thing i feel is the responsibility. Anyways so she said after the blessing that she felt really good, like really good and she told us that her mind was totally clear and she knew what she needed to do. So anyways were going to teach her this week and we will see what happens. 
This is supposedly my last week here in OlmuĂ©. I have 6 months here, which is a lot of time. I think i will got this next transfer cycle which is this next week. We have a mission tour with a seventy who is going to come. Elder Zeballos I think. He’s from the area presidency and he’s Chilean. I think the only one in the 1st quorum of the seventy. 
I wrote the comment header for this email as everyone bashing Brazil because that’s what they are all doing haha. We enter a house and bam “Brazil just bought out the FIFA”, or “Brazil just isn’t playing very well right now.” Naymar (a brasilian player) is out for 4 months because of his knee, “doesn’t matter because he couldn’t play anyways.” Then the second I ever make a comment about the United States to change the subject or something they start saying things like. “Oh Elder the United States played really well. The qreengos (not how its spelled in Spanish but its how it sounds) didn’t know how to play before but now they do. I think the Americans are going to do really well next time.” haha stuff like that. They hate Brazil and love the United States. Weird. 
Yeah so that’s my report.
Love 
Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment