Monday, October 6, 2014

Elder Cropper - September 29, 2014

IM SO EXCITED FOR GC I CANT EVEN STAND IT!!! So good week. Ummmm well it was actually pretty normal and then it got crazy in the end. I'll just give a little overview to get you guys excited...

Almost getting punched, missionaries running away from companions in the middle of the night, Zone baptizing 8 people, people getting sustained for the wrong calling in church, BIG BLUE OCEAN BOOK, Elder J's first confirmation, Getting interviewed for some thing at a college, and thats it actually. Did I mention that a missionary ran away its a good story. 


So

Almost got punched:

We were walking in the street saturday in the middle of the day. Some people like to drink at midday which is obviously all right with me ya know because I'm like that (not) anyways we were walking past a bar with all these fat chilenos out front. As we were walking one guy started walking towards us so as we walked past him. I smiled and said hi, well actually I said Hola. Anyways he screamed no me saludí! and then a bunch of bad words. No me saludí means don't say hi to me. Anyways as he said that he swung his hand at me to slap me and almost hit me. I could feel his fingernail slightly brush across my face. It was either his fingernail or air. nevertheless he was really close to hitting me. It was cool thought because we just kept walking and I didn't even flinch. Elder J afterwards was like "woah man you didn't even flinch." I told him it was thanks to all the times we've wrestled in our house (Elder J wrestled before the mission so he's been showing some moves).

Zone Baptizing 8:

Well I could see if from like 3 weeks ago the zone ended with 8. I was happy because the success was pretty spread out in all 3 districts and in all sectors. There wasn't one district or one companionship that just killed it. We didn't win the month though. My old zone La Serena ended with 9. One of the sectors in La Serena baptized 7 people because someone they were teaching got married and then the whole family got baptized. What a cool miracle. 

Sustaining in church:

So some recent converts got some callings this last sunday. they got some callings mixed up and some names wrong so a recent convert was really nervous because he has gotten sustained in sacrament meeting as the 2nd counselor in the YM but hadn't ever been called. I literally got up in the middle of the meeting to tell the 1st counselor who was doing the sacrament meeting (alone! because our bishop was in a training meeting from the stake with other bishops. Note: dont ever schedule training meetings on sunday during church meeting just because you're lazy and don't want to do it after church. Bishops should be directing their sunday meetings like their calling says). Anyways I just whispered to him that it was a different person who he had sustained and that the paper they had was wrong. I felt bad for him because he's new and was messing up on some stuff. For example my comp had to give a talk because they didn't have one. Anyways felt bad for him but the convert was all confused because he didn't know why he had been called to do that calling or why he needed to stand up and put his arm to the square. (this wasn't the guy who we baptized a week ago.)

Elder J's first confirmation:

Elder Judd confirmed his first person yesterday. He did a good job. The guy has a gift for giving blessings. 

BIG BLUE OCEAN BOOK:

Well that same convert who was wrongly sustained for a calling that wasn't his is a really chill guy from Honduras name José. He's here getting his Masters Degree in ocean studies or something. He's really rich. So whenever we visit him I always show interest in his thesis and what he's studying, I like to ask him questions and such. Well the other day he gave us both BIG BLUE OCEAN BOOKS that he bought for us. They are like those huge books you see about space or WW2 in bookstores. I'm sure it cost a ton but he's rich so its ok. He's got the craziest cool apartment ever, i'll take a picture the next time we are there.

Interview:

We got interviews by some college girl for some report she's doing. She's doing a report on religion, young people, and chile. She asked questions about the mormon religion and talked with a bunch of kids from the ward. We basically taught her a lesson during our interview. We gave her a BOM in the end it was cool.

Elder who ran away:

So this story is by far the craziest and saddest one of the week. An Elder in our zone abandoned his comp and ran away. It happened on saturday morning while I was on and interchange with an Elder in my sector. President called during Personal study and explained to me the situation. He just said that the comp of the missionary who ran is with his ward mission leader and he wants him to meet up with his DL and stay there with him. Supposedly stole 130 mil pesos which is like 260 bucks from his comp. They think he had help from a member family because the stake got involved. We went and searched the bus terminal but he wasn't there. I think he was long gone in the morning, Saturday. Elder J kept scaring me by making me think he would hiding at our house waiting to kill us. Hahahaha. The Elder was going down hill. I felt good because the night before I felt out of the blue that I needed to call and talk with him. I almost didn't do it but I did call him and we talked for about 4 min. He seemed normal to me, we just talked about his day and how he was doing. He's a good actor.


This week will be fun because we have zone conference and general conference. Sweet!!!!!!!

Nos vemos!


Love ya guys,

Elder Cropper

PS oh read this its one of my favorite parts in the Book of Mormon. Nephi was such a bro.

 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
 Behold, thou art Nephi, and I am God. Behold, I declare it unto thee in the presence of mine angels, that ye shall have power over this people, and shall smite the earth with famine, and with pestilence, and destruction, according to the wickedness of this people.
 Behold, I give unto you power, that whatsoever ye shall seal on earth shall be sealed in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven; and thus shall ye have power among this people.
 And thus, if ye shall say unto this temple it shall be rent in twain, it shall be done.
 And if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou cast down and become smooth, it shall be done.
 10 And behold, if ye shall say that God shall smite this people, it shall come to pass.
 11 And now behold, I command you, that ye shall go and declare unto this people, that thus saith the Lord God, who is the Almighty: Except ye repent ye shall be smitten, even untodestruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment