Monday, October 6, 2014

Post from September 15, 2014 - Elder Cropper

So everything is just churning along here in the Coquimbo. Did you guys know that whenever a latin wants to act like the are speaking english they just add ation to a word. They get it from many actual english words like Play station, hospilitization (don't know if thats a real one but they say it all the time) Anyways so they will use spanish words like Agua and then put ation at then end and its english. Aguation, well its sounds more like aguetion.

So this week was pretty good. We were going to have a baptism this sunday but we felt it would be better to wait. We are going to have it tomorrow. I haven't baptized in 3 months so I'm happy that we're baptizing again. We set up 3 other baptismal dates this last week. They didn't come to church though which was frustrating.

The ward had their big 18 de September party saturday it was pretty fun. Not that many people came so there was a ton of food for everyone. It was a little frustrating to me because activities in the church should be used for missionary work, not just for having the members get to together and have an awesome party on the churches dime. They actually cautioned the members to not invite so many non members because they were worried about not having enough food. Whatever crazy ward leaders.

Moving on.

So felt the love of Heavenly Father again this week. It was mainly through Elder J. I was kind of having a tough time this last week and Elder Judd really helped me work it out. 

Anyways, feeling good. I realized that I'm entering a new level of my mission so i have to like reconfigure myself. Its something I had to do when i went from having a small amount of time in the mission to a larger amount. Like from 4 to 7 months to 8 to one year. 

Elder J is doing well. He seems a lot happier. You can tell his happiness from his hair. If his hair is long and crappy then he sad, if its up a gelled its because he's a happy camper.

So Chiles independence day is here. Like I said before they all go and campout in this like carnival plays called the pampilla. There are just a lot of BBQs and drunk people. They don't do fireworks. Lots of people dance the traditional dance the cueca. I really like cueca music. I'm going to buy some after the mission. By the way I can roll my tongue. It took me a long time to get it but I finally did.  

So this week there wasn't a health scare (sorry everyone) but there was a funny story. I got a haircut and the lady gave me a classic gangster haircut. Super buzzed on the sides and still pretty long on top. its called the sopipilla its a food from chile. Anyways I had her cut off a little more so it looked a little better but it still didn't look missionary standard. Anyways we just left because we had to go. All of the gangster kids in the street were like pointing at me and saying I had a sopipilla. So we went back a different day to a different place and she fixed, that's why my hair is so short in those pictures from the activity.

                          

By the way thats one of the guys I trained Elder Osuna. He's a ZL now. What a boss. 


Anyways thats all I got people. Elder J joked with me this week that now that Mary is home my family is just going to forget me haha. Please don't do that! I promise you will be blessed for your diligence. 

Oh spiritual thought.

Go read Eter 2. oh sorry Ether 2. I posted the scriptures below. I love how there are 3 problems that the brother of jared has. God answers the 3 problems in different ways. 

1.Light
2.Where do we go
3. Air

1.You figure it out
2.Ill handle it 
3. Go do this thing (The brother of Jared had to do it but he was told how) 

God either tells us that he will just take care of it, tells us what we need to do and then we just do it, or tells us to figure it out looking in the scriptures. I think the brother of Jared looked in the scriptures for the glowing rocks thing because in genesis when the Lord commands noah to build an ark and make a window in it for light there is a footnote that says many rabbis believe that the window was actually a stone that glowed. Maybe thats where the brother of Jared got his idea. Especially because it had just happened a little earlier (the flood with noah). 

Well there ya go

Sigan no mas Familias Cropper y Johnsan. Sacen la mugre! o algo así, no sé

Elder Cropper


Ether 2: 19-25

 19 And behold, O Lord, in them there is no light; whither shall we steer? And also we shall perish, for in them we cannot breathe, save it is the air which is in them; therefore we shall perish.
 20 And the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: Behold, thou shalt make a hole in the top, and also in the bottom; and when thou shalt suffer for air thou shalt unstop the hole and receive air. And if it be so that the water come in upon thee, behold, ye shall stop the hole, that ye may not perish in the flood.
 21 And it came to pass that the brother of Jared did so, according as the Lord had commanded.
 22 And he cried again unto the Lord saying: O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me; and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and behold there is no light in them. Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness?
 23 And the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels? For behold, ye cannot have windows, for they will be dashed in pieces; neither shall ye take fire with you, for ye shall not go by the light of fire.
 24 For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
 25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?

No comments:

Post a Comment