Sunday, March 17, 2013

Second Letter in the MTC


Hey family, whats up!!! 
Sorry I’m writing to you late today. My companion didn’t want to write until later which made me nervous because I was afraid there would be no open computers but thankfully there was. I am doing well just to let you all know. This week has been filled with a lot of highs and lows. Anne! Thank you for the cookies! They were great! Send me some baby pictures please. Not over email though because I couldn’t print out the one Mary sent me (said it was too big). Dad, devos (devotionals) are awesome. They occur Sunday and Tuesday nights. Sunday we had the Provo Temple President speak and Tuesday we had a member of the seventy. Both were very good talks. It actually kinda amazed me how good the talks were, but then I realized this is the MTC so they should be good talks. My district is great! I love spending time with the guys and we are all really close. It’s a total bro fest. My teachers are great. I have Brother Toledo from Mexico and Brother Johnston who served in Guatemala. Brother J acted as our first investigator this last week so we actually just had our first class time with him as a teacher yesterday. Every other time we were with him he was Mario our progressing investigator. Last letter I wrote we were just starting this teaching Mario thing. Now it’s over and the teachers are both going to be pretend investigators. Oh by the way, all lessons are in spanish. Gym time is fun. Sometimes I play basketball but now I usually run and do pushups and sit ups. I run about a mile everyday. I am studying charity and service right now. I have also been reading in Mormon (Book of Mormon). My Branch President is great. Thank you for the cupcakes! Mary, my backpack is working fine and I love it. I am making lots of friends, mostly in my district and zone. I did see Thales (a friend Sam met at a Boy Scout camp) my second day here. He was happy to see me and we talked for a bit. I also gave him the 50 sols from Peru we had left over. Did you guys get the letter I sent? Please send me pictures of Jane and you guys! Thank you for using dear elder by the way. I understand you all told me things about your lives in your letters. I love hearing about your lives so please don’t stop. It’s just impossible to comment on it all in one 30 min email. Dad, I will send you a letter with a more detailed listing of my schedule. Heck maybe i’ll even send you my schedule of last week. I love being here at the MTC. I love being a missionary. I wrote in my journal the first day that I felt like I was actually doing something again with my life which is a feeling I haven’t felt for 5 months. I love you all and I hope you are all doing well.

Love, 

Elder Cropper

No comments:

Post a Comment